Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bike Ride







Friday we went on a 10 mile bike ride!! This was actually our 2nd bike ride of the year, a few weeks ago we had a rare 60 degree Sunday and we went to the same place for our first official bike ride of 2009. Adam was a little nervous the first time, he thought he had forgotten how. He just got rid of his training wheels last year, in August, I believe. And he didn't learn how to independently start off on his bike until September 2008. But, once he got the nerve up, the first few times I held his bike for him, he took off like a pro!! And quickly forgot that he was nervous!! I wish I could say it was another 60 degree day on Friday, but the high was only 48. It was a very brisk cool, but beautifully sunny day and we all have major spring fever!!! So, we loaded up the bikes and went to Cannon Falls bike trail which runs along the Cannon river. Though I wish it would have been a tad bit warmer, it was really nice to have the trail all to ourselves. We did encounter 3 other bikers that also had spring fever. Today we woke up to our front yard covered in snow! Normally fresh snow excites Adam, today he looked out at it and said "I'm not even going to go out and play in that!!" I tried to talk him into going out and making a snowbunny like we did last year, he said "NO, thanks" I hope we aren't starting a tradition with snow on Palm Sunday weekend. Last year it was a little fun, this year it just isn't fun!! We want warm weather,and green grass!

I forgot my camera on our first bike ride, but Friday we brought it along and made a couple videos!

4 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

I like the first one when he ask u to tell him he can't he is truely a trailblazer

Leah Spring said...

Wow! Looks like a great day! I just realized a couple weeks ago that we sold our big vehicle, the only one big enough to haul Angela's bike! Doggone it! That trail looks perfect!

Brandie said...

I love the videos of him starting off on his bike. That can be such a tough skill to master. I have to admit I got teary eyed reading this post. After we found out Goldie had DS, on the way home in the van, my husband told me "It'll be alright, she'll still learn to walk and ride a bike. She'll do all the things other kids do." I'm glad to know he is right.

Beverly said...

how exciting! I will be so happy when Noah can ride his bike. He is scared of it at the moment and will only ride his small trike. I have faith he will master his big bike! Thanks for sharing!!! I love these videos: )