Friday, January 2, 2009

Wishing you all a Happy and Blessed 2009

Well, let me just say, I had the best most amazing surprise Christmas Eve evening.... my son Dylon totally SURPRISED me with coming home!!!! He knew for 2 weeks and kept it a complete secret from all. It was a great surprise, but, mmmm do you know the amount of tears he could have saved me from??? (It's okay I forgive you :) Dylon. I loved you coming home). Truly words can't express how blessed I felt to have him home, if only for 3 1/2 days. We got to celebrate his birthday while he was here, he will be 21 tomorrow!!! Though it was much to short of a visit it was wonderful!!!!!

Home schooling has been on Christmas break, we are following for the most part our local district calendar. School will start back up on Monday. It is a lot of work, I wont lie, but we are already seeing great benefits from this. After the first week I asked my husband if it was my imagination or did Adam seem calmer and less defiant to him also, he said he also saw this and he added he thought he played independently better. Adam usually has a hard time just playing by himself if we don't have friends over he wants Mom or Dad entertaining him 24/7. Also, his writing is better than we have ever seen it. I think this is in part to less distractions we can offer at home. He has not once refused to do work and actually really seems to enjoy "school time" even when we are doing writing and math his 2 least favorite subjects. I do realize we are probably still in the honeymoon phase but at least it is starting out positive. Our last day before Christmas break we did have a Christmas party at our home with another family that home schools, they have 3 kids and it was a lot of fun. We've also went on our first field trip with this family. The break has been nice but I'm looking forward to getting back to the routine we came up with. I plan to blog more about our progress or lack of .......

2008 has been full of many changes for our family, it is surly a year I will forever remember, Here's hoping for a Happy Healthy and Blessed 2009!!!

1 comment:

Nick McGivney said...

A very happy 2009 to you and yours too, Monica. Thanks for coming to visit our Jacob's site. I look forward to keeping up with yours now too. You are quite a bit further down the road than we are, and we have an awful lot to learn. God bless