Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm still here!!!

I guess I kind of decided to take the summer off!!! Not just on my own blog, but pretty much away from the computer completely. Okay, so I missed a few things and realized I had to at least from time to time check my email, but really I can count on both hands probably how many times I got on the computer this summer. And then probably because of none use, computer died (for real)!! We got a new computer yesterday and with it being the end of labor day weekend I thought it was time to come out from hiding. I must say the summer of 2008 will forever be etched in my memory. It was a beautiful summer, I enjoyed my boys to the fullest!!! My niece was our nanny, and it was so fun having another girl live in our house. Adam affectionately re-named Emily to "cousin", vowels continue to be hard for him to get out, which is why I believe he continues to tell people his name is "Tom" and Emily's name was changed to "cousin", very smart of him I think... We went to track, Adam's softball games, Dylon's baseball games, swimming, water parks, etc. and then truly the day I had been dreading came last Tues. August 26 Dylon left for US Coast Guard boot camp. My feelings are so mixed about this. I am so proud and happy for him that he is doing what he really really wanted to do, but...this is the longest I have ever been away from him. He will be gone for 8 weeks boot camp and then he will come home for 5 short days and he will be off to were ever he is assigned to. For 4 years.... Reality my little boy Dylon will never probably be living at home with us again. I realize this is what we are raising our children to do, go off and be independent God fearing good humans, but, letting go is not easy for me. And tomorrow I will send Adam off to his first day of 3rd grade!!! Man, can somebody please slow down the clocks!!! Cause life is going way to fast for me these days. Tomorrow I am going to try to post a picture album of our summer :) ~Life IS change, Growth is optional, Choose wisely~ I saw this on a billboard this summer, I'm pretty sure it was meant just for me :)

No comments: